Company: Lecoq Cuisine Corp
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Company Description Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the
preeminent manufacturer of fine French pastries in the US.Intense
focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, and
an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality in ingredients,
together with artisanal know-how and respect for tradition, are the
secrets to the creation of our exquisite pastries.Our amazing
people's inspiration and dedication are what brings it all
together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to
delivering the very best French pastries translates into an
unforgettable experience for your taste buds.The same principles of
quality, high standards, and precision are found throughout the
organization in everything we do. If you have a passion for
excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things well done,
we'd love to meet you.Job Description This position is responsible
for the company's books and records, month end close, account
reconciliations, and internal and external reporting. Assist the
CFO with insurance and employee benefits. This position is
responsible for all Financial Accounting functions and supervision
of personnel including Financial Accounting, Internal Audit,
Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit, Cost Accounting, and
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and
procedures. Update and maintain the policies and procedures manual.
Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Assist with banking relationships and risk management.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors including payroll
provider, credit cards, etc.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including
AP, AR, Credit and Collections, setting goals and objectives and
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording of all transactions in
the books and records.
- Ensure that all balance sheet account reconciliations are
maintained on a monthly basis.
- Manage the expense reimbursement and corporate credit
- Manage the Payroll function and setting of policies and
procedures including adherence to regulations and timely
- Register for and file sales and use tax returns.
- Prepare annual budgets for Finance, Administration and Other
- Prepare budget consolidation and all related forecast and
- Responsible for preparation and publishing of monthly financial
- Prepare analysis of variances versus budget and prior
- Responsible for year-end external audit of legal entities and
overall consolidated audit.
- Responsible for 401(k) audit.
- Responsible for all bank, insurance and tax audits.
- Responsible for management of the company internal audit
- Ensure good accounting practices, procedures and adequate
internal controls are followed throughout the company. Make
immediate adjustments whenever necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a professional accountant. CPA
- Five years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience with ERP information systems.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Experience with report writing software.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA, MBA or
Master's' degree in Accounting or Finance is required.Additional
Information Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.PM20
Keywords: Lecoq Cuisine Corp, Stratford , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!