Manager of Business Development and Community Relations
Company: Shamrock Home Care
Posted on: June 19, 2022
As the Manager of Business Development and Community Relations,
you'll be responsible for the overall coordination of business
development and education of patients and their families and key
constituents (e.g., physicians, case managers, discharge planners)
and departments at our referral partners, including hospitals,
SNFs, ALFs, and Physician offices. You'll ensure continuity of
care, smooth interaction, and communication between all involved in
delivering patient care, including providing operational leadership
and participating in the day-to-day resolution of issues concerning
patients and referral partners.Responsibilities
- Responsible for interacting and establishing relationships with
case managers, discharge planners or other relevant professionals
in hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, long term care
facilities, and physicians in private practices.
- Execute effective sales calls/meetings that identify and meet
the needs of the referral partners, including pre- and post-call
planning, establishing rapport, good questioning skills, proposing
solutions, handling objections, driving referrals, and converting
them to admissions.
- Educate the medical community on components of home health care
and our organization's services and programs using effective sales
calls and literature.
- Execute weekly and monthly goals of increasing market share
through account development of both existing and prospective
- Achieve monthly personal production goals.
- Responsible for all sales administration duties including, but
not limited to logging activity into CRM, weekly meetings with
tactical/strategic updates, paperwork (485/F2F) delivery or pick-up
when needed, timely cell phone and email correspondence
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and regular
- Assists Intake Coordinator with coordination of care and timely
admission of any/all home health patients.
- Ensures that the expectations of the referral source and the
needs of the patients and their families are being met.
- Assists in identifying and resolving any issue,
dissatisfaction, or problem that the referral source or the patient
or their family is experiencing.
- Triage issues with patients and family members, resolving them
within scope of job or escalating them to the appropriate clinical
or administrative person / department.
- Oversee day-to-day office operations as needed or
- Complies with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assignedQualifications & Requirements
- Associate Degree or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree
- Previous Home Health or Hospice experience required
- Two (2) plus years of prior successful sales and marketing
- Previous management experience is preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated strong presentation, customer service, and
- Strong computer skills including Email, CRM software, Google
- Meet/Zoom/Video Conference, PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS
- Must be able to travel with short notice as required for the
above duties to clients and community locations
- Must have a car with current insurance coverage and a valid
driver's licenseSkills & Competencies
- Ability to articulate our competitive advantages, specialty
programs, and CMS guidelines
- Ability to coordinate and attend appointments/meetings
- Ability to create presentations and reports
- Ability to use good judgment in decision making and problem
- Ability to collaborate with internal administrative, clinical
and marketing teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be
- Must have interpersonal skills to effectively interact with
physicians, other health specialists, management, and co-workers
through phone, video conferencing, email and in personPhysical
RequirementsPhysical requirements include bending and lifting and
carrying up to 25 lbs. Moving about the office and traveling to
other locations including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities,
office buildings, healthcare provider offices, patient homes, and
various other venues. Standing and/or sitting for extended periods
during the workday. Use of telephone, keyboard, video conferencing
tools for extended periods during the workday.Mentorship & Career
GrowthOur team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a
broad mix of experience levels and tenures. We're building an
environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We
care about your career growth and strive to assign opportunities to
help each team member develop into a better-rounded
Keywords: Shamrock Home Care, Stratford , Manager of Business Development and Community Relations, Executive , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!