Company: New York Life
Posted on: September 21, 2022
When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that
values career development, collaboration, innovation, and
inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of
a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You'll have
the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and
professionally through various resources and programs. New York
Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both
virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency
sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually
every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated
with one of our General Offices. These offices are operated by
Agency management teams responsible for agent and management
recruiting, development, and sales. Some agents operate their
businesses out of our General Offices, while others maintain
independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to
our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for
strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing
and communications supports our agents and field managers. The
Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our
business in key market segments, including the middle-income
market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural
markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life
insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance
products, as well as mutual funds.
* Drive, monitor and support New Org Agent retention and production
* Properly implement NYLIC University's Blended Learning Curriculum
and Critical Selling Skills Systems. This includes notifying Agents
of course deadlines and virtual session offerings as well as
preparation for the facilitated delivery of Group Instruction and
Drill (GID) sessions / Skill Builders.
* Understand NYLIC University Online. This includes system
navigation for both Development Manager and Agent users, assigning
scheduled offerings, assessment review and tracking and curriculum
and regulated course reporting.
* Understand and remain current with NYL Central implementation.
Assure Agents are aware of and continuously trained to leverage new
system features and functionalities upon release (specific to Sales
Central and Marketing Central at this time).
* Build partnerships with the General Office (GO) Field Management
Team to assure the Field Development System (FDS) is implemented
and executed effectively. This includes conducting and scheduling
Field Observation and Demonstration (FOD) sessions with Agents (to
assist with case preparation and the presenting/closing of sales),
Agent Development Planning Meetings with the Field Management Team
in addition to supporting Monthly and Annual Plan Meetings.
* Lead National Prospecting Week efforts at the GO level to assure
Agent prospecting activities are scheduled, planned and executed
* Channel, drive and promote sales initiatives and incentives with
Agents, GO Field Management Teams and the Zone. Develop a solid
knowledge-base of NYLIC products.
* Work with the Managing Partner to ensure the complete and proper
implementation of the FDS system in the General Office. This
includes conducting Performance Review and Planning sessions with
agents, conducting Agent Development Planning meetings with
Partners and Managing Partners, assisting with Monthly Planning
Meetings, and Annual Planning meetings.
* Effectively train agents to gather names through prospecting
process of referrals, social media mining, networking, community
events, and center of influence development.
* Effective with technology to enable training and support in
* Persuasive, Verbal and Written Communication Skills
* Performance Management
* Facilitating Groups
* Developing, Empowering and Influencing Others
* Providing Motivational Support
* Goal, Impact and Result Oriented
* Adaptability and Flexibility
* Leading Change
* Problem Solving
* Planning and Strategizing
* Ability to mentor other DMs
* Demonstration of effective FOD and IDD
* Can lead one on one Development Conversations with Partners
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Two-time Council qualifier with a solid Life Case Rate (specific
to internal applicants) or Previous PF2 experience
* Valid State Life and Health Licenses
* FINRA Registrations- Series 6 & 63
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New
York Life is committed to improving local communities through a
culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the
Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in
the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring
your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families
and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit
LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of
Job Requisition ID: 87035
Keywords: New York Life, Stratford , Development Manager, Executive , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!