Assistant Night Manager
Company: BJs Wholesale Club
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. Were
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJs Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. Job SummaryOversees the club, and directs the work of
the overnight team, in the absence of the Night Manager. Coaches,
teaches and develops all overnight team members to ensure excellent
member service through excellent merchandising. The ANM teaches,
develops and motivates all team members for the successful
execution of club merchandising, and ensuring merchandise is
available for sale in proper quantities throughout the club.
- Know their business/business acumen. Exhibit strategic thinking
and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and utilization of
- Lead through change. Model leadership competencies, build
credibility and act as a champion for business growth.
- Communicate effectively. Provide the information teams require
to be successful.
- Build high performing teams by creating a culture of
collaboration. Provide honest and timely direction, follow up and
feedback that will drive business results and support team member
- Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected
timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and
- Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process.
Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility
to enable the application of policies, procedures and
- Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting,
ethical decision making and engagement. Lead with the team member
and member in mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate
any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as
a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.Members:
- Guarantee service excellence through all points of
- Set service standard expectations for all team members. Provide
team support and empowerment to resolve every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Lead teams to
deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and out
- Perishable areas stocked and rotated with cold chain
maintainedKnow Your Business:
- Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total
club and department performance
- Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to
identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it
before it negatively impacts club performance metrics
- Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection
between consistent operational performance and achieving club
financial targetsMajor Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Supervises the club and overnight team members in the absence
of the Night Manager.
- Models and provides excellent Member service, while coaching,
teaching, and developing overnight team members to do the
- Trains, coaches, motivates, recognizes, and provides input on
evaluation of overnight Team Members on tasks, responsibilities and
expectations defined by position relative to effective and
productive merchandising. Provides input to the Night Manager into
the selection and evaluation of overnight team members.
- Delivers a positive service experience to members.
- Ensures merchandise is properly displayed and has appropriate
signage. Ensures merchandise is available for sale in proper
quantities throughout the store.
- Follows and executes company directives related to
merchandising, resets, and sales initiatives within the allotted
time. Ensure sales floor standards are maintained.
- Recommends merchandising changes to enhance sales.
- Operates a forklift in a safe and efficient manner. Inspects
forklifts prior to use and follows established safety
- Maintains all club policies and procedures. Ensures that all
team members follow safety and sanitation guidelines. Validates
steel and pallet safety walks and addresses and communicates any
identified safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Along with Night Manager, responsible for steel and pallet
- Ability to navigate within system applications.
- Utilize online task management system (MyWork) to manage
workflow, track, and monitor daily club operations.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.Qualifications
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Forklift operator required (will be trained by BJs).
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities, including supervising
cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and
- Prior forklift operating and merchandising experience
preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
- Open shift availability required.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent standing and moving about
continuously on hard surfaces. Frequent need to position oneself to
examine and/or scan merchandise, as well as to bend, climb, crawl,
kneel, push, pull, reach, move side to side, stoop, and climb
ladders/step stools. Requires use of a pallet jack to pull and push
pallets. Requires operating a forklift.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually perform job in a comfortable environment surrounded by
moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in
order to be heard. Occasional exposure to temperature extremes in
freezer or cooler units. There may be occasional exposure to
company approved chemicals and cleaning agents.Headquartered in
Marlborough, Massachusett s, BJ's Wholesale Club is a leading
operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United
States. The company currently operates more than 229 clubs, 160
BJ's Gas locations and 7 distribution centers. BJs is a Fortune 500
company and was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club
concept in the northeastern United States. Become an integral
member of the BJs Wholesale Club team, where we help our Members
stock up for less in a convenient one-stop shop.
Keywords: BJs Wholesale Club, Stratford , Assistant Night Manager, Executive , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!