Health and Safety Specialist
Company: Lecoq Cuisine Corp
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Experience the taste of Paris in a true French croissant!
Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the preeminent manufacturer
of fine French pastries in the US.
Intense focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art
equipment, and an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality
in ingredients, together with artisanal know-how and respect for
tradition, are the secrets to the creation of our exquisite
Our amazing people's inspiration and dedication are what brings it
all together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to
delivering the very best French pastries translates into an
unforgettable experience for your taste buds.
The same principles of quality, high standards, and precision are
found throughout the organization in everything we do. If you have
a passion for excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things
well done, we'd love to meet you.
Health and Safety Specialist
Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and
continuous improvement of proactive Health and Safety programs to
ensure compliant, safe and incident-free work environment. This
includes all safety and health-related aspects of the workplace and
working activities such as auditing, inspections, mentoring,
coaching, fall protection, electrical safety, equipment safety,
incident investigation, training, workers' compensation, and
- Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments, and design and
implement programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and
prevent disease or injury to associates.
- Promote a culture of organizational safety and continuous
improvement. Collaborate with all departments to analyze current
state and recommend improvements and corrective actions.
- Communicate and celebrate successes to maintain and foster
company-wide commitment to safety and continuous
- Investigate accidents and incidents to identify their causes
and to determine how they might be prevented in the future. Ensure
all significant near misses, injuries, and safety events are
investigated, abatement measures implemented and root causes
- Perform injury management including minor first aid, incident
root cause investigation and reporting, and return to work as
- Conduct health and safety audits and recommend preventative
measures. Inspect and evaluate workplace environment, equipment,
and practices daily for compliance with corporate and government
health and safety standards and regulations.
- Establish emergency planning with management, including
identifying and arranging local emergency and healthcare services
identifying warning signals, evacuation assembly points, and escape
- Develop, conduct, and document safety orientations for all new
team members, subcontractors, and other appropriate vendors,
- Conduct training on emergency preparedness and a variety of job
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Safety or related field with 5+
years professional level H&S program management experience,
preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Federal, State, and Local
H&S laws and regulations.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certification required. OHST, STS, CSP,
EMT a plus.
- Experience assessing and promoting or sustaining a zero
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational
- Strong change management skills, to support delivery of health
and safety services.
- Self-directed and motivated, resourceful, results driven, with
high sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Highly organized, able to meet deadlines and work independently
with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel,
Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.PI119203239
Keywords: Lecoq Cuisine Corp, Stratford , Health and Safety Specialist, Healthcare , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!