Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Wound Center
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Description Job Schedule: Full Time Standard Hours: 40 Job
Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: Monday-Friday, variable hours between
7:30am-6:30pm Work where--every moment--matters.--Every day, almost
25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in
common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here.--
We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive
healthcare network.------St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport
has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community
teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in
Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs
services for adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first
hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford
HealthCare network, and is the system's second-largest
hospital.--Job Summary:Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse,
and within the context of the Nursing Professional Practice
Framework, the LPN provides quality and cost-effective direct care
for patients/families within a unit, service or other primary area
of practice. Collaborates with members of health care team to
assist patients in achieving established outcomes of care. Reports
to Nurse Manager.----Essential Functions/Responsibilities: --
- Under the direction of the RN/Provider, provides wound-related
patient care according to Basic Life Support (BLS) and approved and
hospital protocols, policies and procedures.
- May assist with intake and discharge.
- May provide assistance with case management under the direction
of RN, in accordance with state regulations.
- Gathers patient information.
- Gathers necessary equipment and supplies for the RN or
- Reports quality of care issues to Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy related duties, as needed,
after completing the required Healogics hyperbaric training.
- May perform hyperbaric safety director duties after completing
the required Healogics hyperbaric safety director training.
- Prepares educates and orients patients about the Hyperbaric
Oxygen Therapy. This includes lifting or transferring patients per
local policy, getting them ready for treatment administration and
answering their questions.
- Administers the hyperbaric oxygen therapy as prescribed by the
Provider.-- This includes monitoring and controlling the
performance of the hyperbaric chamber equipment, as well as
monitoring the patient's responses during the session and making
proper adjustments to ensure patients safety.
- Makes appropriate data entries for daily hyperbaric treatments
and wound care clinic visits.
- Performs other duties as delegated.----Additional Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:--
- Demonstrated competency in BLS (Basic Life Support).
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization and time-management
- Basic knowledge of regulatory/accrediting requirements for
- Strong interpersonal, listening, as well as oral and written
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced
- Ability to work with others and in a team environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to stay calm in all situations.
- Working knowledge of computerized nursing
- Wound care experience highly preferred.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience in clinical specialty
- High School Diploma or General Education Development
- Graduate from an accredited practical nursing program/state
approved educational program.
- Associates degree in Nursing or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing -
preferred.--Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational
Nurse (LVN) license in the state of practice -to maintain
throughout the duration of employment in the position.
- Two (2) or more years' experience as LPN/LVN, to include one
(1) or more years in SNF or LTACH setting.------We take great care
of careers.--With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare
offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth.--
Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping
to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children.-- We know that a
thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life
balance.-- Every moment matters.-- And this is--your moment.--
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Stratford , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Wound Center, Healthcare , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!