Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN, Nursing) - School Program
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Job Schedule: Part Time Standard Hours: 28 Job
Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most
comprehensive healthcare network as a Licensed Practical Nurse. For
over 60 years, St. Vincent's Special Needs Services (SVSNS) has
been a trusted provider of specialized services for children and
adults with multiple developmental disabilities and complex medical
needs, such as cerebral palsy, acute brain injury, neuromuscular
disorders and autism spectrum disorders. Each year, more than 400
children, adults and their families receive services from the
organization. Job Summary:
Provides daily medications, feeds, treatments and support to
students with complex health needs to safely participate in school
- Administers medications, feeds and treatments and observes
student for effectiveness or adverse reactions.
- Performs routine tests and therapeutic services such as chest
physical therapy, nebulizer treatment, gastrostomy feed and high
frequency oscillation vest.
- Ability to triage and prioritize competing events with
efficient time management.
- Demonstrates competence in nonverbal emergency assessment of a
student by collecting data for analysis by a registered nurse.
- Assists in all duties essential to the operational needs of the
- Adapts positively to a fast paced challenging environment.
- Assists individuals to meet their physical, emotional,
spiritual, development, health and safety needs.
- Communicates with and educates families related to health
conditions and responses to treatments.
- Able to manage the needs of 30 students throughout the
building, coordinating with interdisciplinary teams and ensuring
completion prior to dismissal.
- Skill of recognizing a change in condition to escalate to
higher level of care. Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Physical conditioning to walk constantly and meet lifting
- Licensed practical nurse/ vocational nurse credentialed from
the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire
or transfer Experience
- Three years of experience working in acute care-experience
- Experience in pediatrics, emergency care, special needs
preferred Licensure, Certification, Registration
- BLS provider certified by American Heart or American Red Cross.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to team members.
Provide accurate documentation of care provided and responses to
- Sign language a plus
- Spanish a plus We take great care of careers With locations
around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities
for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an
organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new
technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to
countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Stratford , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN, Nursing) - School Program, Healthcare , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!