The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for
International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply
to you please use the 'Apply' option.
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join
Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe.
Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits
and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the
heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations
count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they
face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether
they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or
damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto
or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the
birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to
provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend
on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable
assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At
Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring
people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the
lives of others.
Senior Building Consultants will live Sedgwick's core values in
servicing the needs of our industry clients with the consulting
services we provide, in growing their local client base and in
mentoring new hires in a team building environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform site inspections of affected residential, commercial
and industrial structures and gather the information required for
the requested services.
* Produce detailed construction specifications, scopes of work
and bid documents.
* Produce appraisals of the materials, labour and equipment
required to successfully execute a reconstruction project according
to proposals, plans, specifications and / or scopes of work.
* Develop unit costs that are reflective of local conditions,
including labour, material and equipment rates and adjustments for
labour productivity and site conditions.
* Produce appraisals and / or valuations using Xactimate,
Microsoft Excel, CoreLogic (Marshall & Swift /Boeckh) and RS
* Develop cost controls with comprehensive reviews of
restoration options and recommendations of cost effective repair
and work execution solutions.
* Produce audits of restoration and reconstruction project
* Coordinate communication between multiple sophisticated
* Review all reporting to ensure accuracy and completeness prior
* Ensure the timely delivery of reporting to clients.
* Maintain accurate records, with designated technology,
according to company standards and procedures.
* Accurately and actively manage billings and work in
* Maintain high levels of customer service and client
satisfaction through best in class work product and relationship
* Promote the use of Sedgwick Building Consulting Services to
existing and new clients.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Support Sedgwick's quality assurance program(s).
* Travel as required.
Education & Work Experience
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is
* Five (5) or more years of Building Consulting experience is
* Eight (8) or more years experience as a Project Manager or
Estimator in the Construction or Restoration Industries is
Additional Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; including
skills at presenting information.
* High level proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of
products; specifically, Word and Excel.
* Ability to read and interpret Architectural and Engineering
drawings including their specifications.
* Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent negotiating skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies.
* Must maintain valid driver's license with clean driving
* Ability to work from home.
* This position requires the use and maintenance of Personal
Protection Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, hard
hats, safety boots and full and half face respirators.
* This position requires regular work in outside conditions with
exposures that include, but are not limited to, inclement weather
and high and low temperatures and humidity.
* This position requires regular work in buildings, that have
been damaged in fire, water or other losses, with exposures that
include, but are not limited to, hazardous materials, moulds and
* This position may involve activities such as, climbing of a
ladder or scaffold for a roof or building exterior inspection.
The statements contained in this document are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a
colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to
constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local
variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change
the duties of the position at any time.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and
selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity,
please advise Colleague Resources if you require accommodation.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.