Data Analytics Technical Lead
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Avangrid is seeking a Data Analytics
Technical Lead to join their team in their Orange, CT
location.Avangrid is looking for a Data Analytics Technical Lead to
join our advanced analytics team. The right candidate in this
position will provide technical leadership to a growing team
focused on delivering cutting edge data intensive advanced
analytical products. The team utilizes the latest in Big Data, Open
Source & Data Science tools and techniques and the Data Analytics
Lead will help ensure multiple analytics use cases are successfully
built and implemented with focus on quality and
- Serve as liaison between the business users and the big data
- Understand Business requirements for the Data Science projects
and translate that into design.
- Participate in Design and Technical Reviews & Daily Project
- Lead a team of data engineers and visualization experts within
the organization and oversee vendor teams to implement advanced
- Contribute to the big data platform strategy and vision working
with the architects, data scientists and data engineers.
- Collaboratively work with the data scientists to understand the
algorithms outcomes and the impact on the business process and data
solutions for the use case.
- Understand business and operational processes and how that
relates to the advanced analytics use case.
- Define innovative solutions, constantly exploring & challenging
product capabilities, liaise with the product owners, data owners
and subject matter experts within the organization.
- Provide a long-term perspective for business and technology
choices using technical judgement to examine architecture as
- Lead on defect resolution and help the development teams with
- Perform gap analysis and provide guidance on the big data
analytics issues to the development teams.
- Use DevOps/Agile Development methodologies in data science
- Ensure reusability of data across various data analytics use
- Work in an agile environment with evolving demands and
- Ensure use of big data analytics framework in use case
- Demonstrate expert problem-solving skills.
- Identify and clearly articulate and solve complex business
problems and present them to the business user, product owners and
management in a structured and simpler form.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner to the line
manager and project manager.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and
analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic
decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Design and build technical processes to address business
- Adhere to the change management processes and work with vendor
teams to perform go live activitiesSkills and Requirements
- 3+ years of extensive work experience in Big Data as developer
and Tech Lead.
- 7+ years of experience in building data analytical
- Experience of working with large and multiple datasets, data
warehouses and ability to pull data using relevant programs and
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying
involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive
analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on
premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and
statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing
tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and
developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis tools.
- Proficient and experienced with the following tools, programs
- Programming experience with languages like Java, Python, Scala,
Spark, SQL, Data frames API etc.
- Knowledge and experience of using Big Data tools and
technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, Sparx EA, Kafka
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms, Pattern
- Experience with DevOps and testing tools.
- Experience with data visualization tools: MicroStrategy,
PowerBI, Business Objects etc.
- Experience with Agile Project Methodologies.
- Experience in leading ML Ops, Dev Ops projects will be an
- Bachelor of Science in Business or related Analytic Degree
- Certificate in big data technologies desired.About the
CompanyAVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading
sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in
Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations
in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business:
Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns
eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3
million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables
owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation
facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately
7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as
one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of Americas best
corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility
sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it
serves. The company supports the U.N.'s Sustainable Development
Goals and was named among the World's Most Ethical Companies in
2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute.
For more information, visit
This job has been posted by
TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the
fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for
every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of
TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or
ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Avangrid, Stratford , Data Analytics Technical Lead, Other , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!