DSP Adult Services - Horizon
Company: The Kennedy Center, Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
If you are looking to make an impact through a meaningful and
rewarding career, we are currently seeking talented, creative, and
committed people who share our values of Challenging the Status
Quo, Building Community, Creating Purpose, and Ensuring Inclusion
by fostering individuals' development, well-being, and growth.
In 1951, The Kennedy Center was founded to create a safe space
where individuals with disabilities would have the same
opportunities as every other person. We believe every life is
sacred and every individual brings value to their relationships,
their work, and their communities.
Since then, a consistent thread of giving back has been woven into
the fabric of The Kennedy Center and all we do. Having grown from a
program serving 15 children to a multifaceted organization that
positively impacts over 2000 individuals with disabilities
annually, our commitment to creating pathways for people to thrive
by unleashing potential and empowering abilities is as strong today
as it was yesterday.
Provide direct support to and advocate for individuals. Promote
choice, provide appropriate support, and coordinate activities to
foster individual well-being, growth, and development.
* Person-Centered Supports: 15%
* Promoting Physical and Emotional Well-Being: 15%
* Justice, Fairness and Equity: 15%
* Self-Determination: 15%
* Advocacy: 15%
* Ethics/Integrity: 25%
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Promote choice, provide appropriate support, and coordinate
activities to foster individual well-being, growth, and
* Ensure that all services, programs, and guidelines outlined in an
individuals' ISP are implemented as assigned.
* Ensure that all Kennedy Center and DDS regulations and policies
are adhered to.
* Responsible for the supervision and coordination of daily living
skills including but not limited to personal care, recreation, meal
prep, and household chores.
* Ensure all trainings are current.
* Provide professional and timely communication with co-workers,
supervisor, families and guardians and other team members.
* Record and maintain individuals' records in Therap as assigned
(data entry, case notes, updated contacts, and information).
* Administer medications in accordance with DDS regulations. Ensure
all medications are available and orders followed.
* Advocate for the individuals whenever necessary as well teach
individuals to advocate for themselves.
* Ensure the protection of all individuals' rights and safety by
following HIPAA regulations, ensuring privacy, and reporting any
type of abuse or neglect.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver's license
* Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office and the internet
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs
* Have the physical endurance to use PMT holds.
* Have the physical endurance to be able to lift and transfer
individuals as assigned.
Our employee benefits package includes Medical & Dental, Life /
AD&D, Disability, Paid time off and Retirement.
The Kennedy Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all
qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals
with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to
Keywords: The Kennedy Center, Inc., Stratford , DSP Adult Services - Horizon, Other , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!