Archery Program Specialists - Stratford YMCA Summer Camp
Company: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Camp Program Specialist provides various camp programs in their
area of specialty, for a group of children in a seasonal day camp
setting and maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that
welcomes and respects all individuals while promoting and
maintaining safe conditions in accordance with YMCA policies and
procedures. This results in a cause-centered culture that is
welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
- Demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and
responsibility in relationships with colleagues, members,
volunteers, vendors and guests.
- Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children, while
building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers.
- Promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs
and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall
- Implements energizing, fun, safe, and educational programs, as
directed by the supervisor, in accordance with YMCA guidelines,
having prepared lesson plans and curriculum accordingly with room
for flexibility, and supports campers in achieving and celebrating
- Maintains inventory of equipment and/or supplies. Assists with
placement of orders in accordance with camp procedures. Maintains
proper attendance, records, and reports as directed.
- Maintains physical presence, remains alert at all times while
on duty, maintains constant visual attention to campers, and
remains aware of camp surroundings.
- Knows, follows, and enforces all YMCA policies, rules,
regulations, and procedures, including those for the prevention of
child abuse and the Rule of Three.
- Follows all Camp procedures and guidelines including those
pertaining to health and safety, camper supervision,
drop-off/pick-up, attendance, forms, reports, and staff
expectations as required by the YMCA, licensing, and the state
- Attends all mandatory meetings and trainings. Requirements
- Certification in specialty area assigned, if required; and, at
least 1 year of training and/or experience in specific specialty
- At least 1 year of experience working as a senior counselor or
specialty director at a licensed day or resident camp.
- At least 1 year of implementing camp programs preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create, schedule, organize and
implement camp activities, special events, and staff training.
- Good role model, with integrity and adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, supervise, and work with
assigned ages and skill levels, and provide necessary
- Must be observant, safety-conscious, and able to react calmly
and quickly in an emergency.
- Must complete new employee trainings and department
- Current First Aid, Adult and Child CPR, AED, and O2
administration certifications required by start of camp.
- Valid driver's license, and an acceptable driving record
Keywords: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, Stratford , Archery Program Specialists - Stratford YMCA Summer Camp, Other , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...