Accounts Payable Clerk
Company: Encon Heating & AC
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Description:Encon is looking for an Accounts Payable
Clerk!Accounts Payable Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving,
processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing
system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing
invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying
federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving
purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and
requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid
- Protects organization's value by keeping information
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing
related results as needed.
- Provide backup to the accounts receivable and time
- Assist in supporting other accounting team functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned.Accounts Payable Clerk
Qualifications / Skills:
- Tracking budget expenses
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information
- Vendor relationships
- PC proficiency
- Data entry skills
- General math skillsAccounts Payable Clerk Required Skills &
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field a
plus or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in general accounting including (accounts payable,
accounts receivable, and payroll)Eligibility Requirements Accounts
- Position is on-site
- This position requires a valid driver's license.
- Employment/education will be verified.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis.
- Encon is a drug free workplace and requires post-offer
pre-employment drug testing.Salary Range:
Keywords: Encon Heating & AC, Stratford , Accounts Payable Clerk, Other , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...