Production Planner / Scheduler
Company: Lecoq Cuisine Corp
Posted on: April 28, 2021
Company Description Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the
preeminent manufacturer of fine French pastries in the US.Intense
focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, and
an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality in ingredients,
together with artisanal know-how and respect for tradition, are the
secrets to the creation of our exquisite pastries.Our amazing
people's inspiration and dedication are what brings it all
together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to
delivering the very best French pastries translates into an
unforgettable experience for your taste buds.The same principles of
quality, high standards, and precision are found throughout the
organization in everything we do. If you have a passion for
excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things well done,
we'd love to meet you.Job Description The Production Planner /
Scheduler is responsible for optimizing, developing planning,
scheduling and changeover activities for the Lecoq Cuisine
manufacturing site and for coordinating and expediting the flow of
work and materials between departments according to production
schedules. This position will also be responsible for keeping track
of working capital and service level performance targets while
coordinating and working closely with Customer Service, Purchasing,
and the Shipping Department.
- Develop production planningto meet customer demand and working
- Daily, weekly, and monthly review of existing and future
production planning preparation and distribution.
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly sales forecast projections.
Maintain sales forecasts in the MRP system.
- Manage sales orders, forecasts, special orders, and strategic
- Analyze and create operating schedules that support maximizing
machine and labor efficiency and efficiently utilize material and
storage space resources while meeting customer delivery dates and
other customer requirements.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and other functions to develop
the most efficient production plan, considering production
capacity, product mix and human resources availability. Propose the
best operational planning of activities to the Production Manager
to optimize the allocation of available employees and
- Work with the purchasing and manufacturing departments to
monitor and help plan the usage of key raw materials and sourced
- Create and monitor sourced items inventory reports, managing
purchased finished goods service levels. Alerts purchasing to risk
situations and requirements.
- Monitor plant finished goods inventory levels to ensure they
meet all working capital requirements.
- Manage WIP and finished goods inventory levels within company
guidance while maintaining on-time-delivery targets.
- Develops theoretical scenarios for the production plan to
evaluate alternatives to optimize inventory levels for raw
materials and finished goods to improve operational costs and to
ensure on time delivery to all customers.
- Support the new product development process through
participation on product introduction planning, transitions,
- Provide management visibility over work-in-progress, material
availability, and potential production issues, including shortages
and bottlenecks, ensuring that personnel, equipment, tools,
materials and services are available as needed.
- Support facility project schedules for shutdown work, equipment
modifications, commissioning, changeover, training, and
routine/non-routine facilities maintenance activities.
- Propose, gain approval for, and lead implementation of improved
planning methods, tools, and reports.
- Assist management to resolve problems with late shipments,
material shortages, customer schedule changes, and cancellations of
- Minimum 5 years of production planning and scheduling
experience in a process manufacturing, GMP regulated industry.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in business administration, supply
chain management, or operations management, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience. APICS certification a
- Knowledgeable in master scheduling, production planning and
detailed scheduling, demand management, purchasing, and cost
- Experience with inventory management.
- Experience and familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts and
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, and
ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clearly and
actively communicates planning, scheduling and changeover
information or process issues with affected parties in a timely
- Experience with MRP, MS Office and ERP systems. Advanced
Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong problem-solving skillsAdditional Information Lecoq
Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Lecoq Cuisine Corp, Stratford , Production Planner / Scheduler, Professions , Stratford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!